Technology Park – located within a hub of innovation and enterprise.
Located less than 6 kilometres from Western Australia’s capital city, Perth, Technology Park Bentley is situated within a hub of innovation and enterprise, adjacent to the Curtin University.
The Park is home to over 100 organisations representing industry, R&D, academia, government and support services. The facility generates major research activity from Centres of Excellence such as CSIRO, the Australian Resources Research Centre, the Departments of Agriculture and Food WA and Environment and Conservation, Curtin University and others.
Convenient access to innovative infrastructure, technology based R&D, and support services, creates opportunities for strategic linkages and project collaboration for Park tenants within and external to the cluster.
Purpose and objectives
Technology Park was opened in 1985 under the provisions of the Technology and Industry Development Act 1998. The Park is an important catalyst for science and technology development in Western Australia and many of the State’s science and technology companies are based there.
The Park enjoys an international reputation as a leader in the establishment and management of science and technology parks.
The Park is a Western Australian Government initiative that:
- Supports emerging and small local companies aiming to develop and export technology based products and services
- Encourages active collaboration between the private and public sector
- Attracts international technology focused companies and research organisations to locate their operations to Western Australia
- Promotes commercialisation of research and development within universities and the public and private sector
- Creates and maintains international and national strategic links for future joint project opportunities.
Management and administration
The Government of Western Australia, through the Department of Commerce, administers Technology Park Bentley. New tenant applications are assessed by the Department and recommendations made to the Minister for Commerce, who approves these applications.
The Park offers a wide range of exciting features, including:
- A sought after premium business address
- Access to support services
- Home to the Innovation Centre of Western Australia
- Close links between industry, research, academia and government
- Ample free parking
- Landscaped gardens in a unique parkland setting
- Technology Park Function Centre for seminars, conferences, workshops, meetings, teambuilding and access to videoconference facilities
- Tenant involvement in networking events, programs, initiatives, strategic linkage opportunities, outgoing and incoming delegations
- Onsite cafe and catering service
- Access to sports and recreational facilities.