Explore and engage in Western Australia’s two premier locations for fostering economically diverse, technologically driven and innovative enterprises.
1. TECHNOLOGY PARK WA
Technology Park WA (TPWA) is a Western Australian Government initiative developed with the following objectives to:
• Support emerging local companies seeking to develop and export diverse technology based products, services and intellectual property;
• Encourage active collaboration between the private and public sector technology development initiatives;
• Attract international technology-focused companies and research organisations to locate their operations to Western Australia;
• Promote commercialisation of research and development in association with local research centres and universities;
• Create and maintain international and national strategic links.
• Provide modern common-use economic infrastructure to further growth and economic diversity.
TPWA is located just 6 kilometres from the central business district of Perth and was established as the first such facility in Australia in 1985. Designated land was declared and gazetted according to legislation in 1986. Adjoining land currently occupied by the Department of Agriculture and Food in the locality of Kensington was also gazetted as Technology Park in 2007. This extended the TPWA area established and managed by the Minister under section 6(e) of the Industry and Technology Development Act 1998.
Developments within TPWA and associated land of some 60 hectares are controlled by the special use zoning for research and development within the Kensington locality by the City of South Perth, and within the Bentley locality by the Town of Victoria Park.
In over 30 years of operation, TPWA continues to serve as important common-use infrastructure for further technology development in Western Australia and a hub of diverse and emerging technologies. Many leading local, national and international technology companies are based at TPWA, including suppliers of technology to global markets in pharmaceuticals, digital and information technology, resources processing and clean technologies.
Limited professional office space is available for periodic leasing within TPWA. Further information is available here: